Welcome to the Barebones home page. From here you can find all sorts of stuff
created by the Barebones team, including:
- Barebones 2013 - results and course maps.
- Barebones event archives
- Resources for organizers and competitors, such as course planning tips, ISOM
vs. ISSOM comparison, and the growing catalog of errors we've made
- Articles about various exotic orienteering trips and topics
- Orienteering in Canmore, Canada
Barebones 2013 was held June 7-9 in Canmore. There were five
races in all, including two mass start races and the return of The Barebones
- Friday evening: Urban O in Canmore
- Saturday morning: Setup - the first race in the two-stage Barebones chase
- Saturday noon: The Chase - chasing start, with start times based on finish
time in the Setup. Great fun and strategy!
- Saturday afternoon: THOMASS - mass start race, with everyone on the same
course and handicapping based on age/gender/experience.
- Saturday evening: social at the Alpine Club
- Sunday morning: Farsta, one-person relay. More head to head racing in this
three-loop forked relay.
for full results.
Barebones 2014 is already in the planning stages. Details
available here, of course, as soon as possible.
2014 National Championships - Whistler BC. The Barebones
team are helping organize the 2014 Canadian Champs. This is guaranteed
excellent fun. High quality map; unsurpassed physical awesomeness; fabulous
pedestrian friendly event; world class maps and courses; Sass Peepre junior
training camp. Really - this is an event for everyone. Don't miss it. Full
details at www. coc2014.ca