Welcome to the Barebones home page. From here you can find all sorts of stuff
created by the Barebones team, including:
- Barebones 2014 - information about the 19th Barebones.
- Barebones event archives - results and course maps.
- Resources for organizers and competitors, such as course planning tips, ISOM
vs. ISSOM comparison, and the growing catalog of errors we Barebones organizers
have made (learn from our mistakes).
- Articles about various exotic orienteering trips and topics
- Orienteering in Canmore, Canada
March 14-16, Canmore
For the first time ever, Barebones will be held on snow! There
will be three ski orienteering races, including a Sprint, a long distance race,
and a THOMASS.
- Friday evening: Sprint Orienteering
- Saturday morning: Long distance race
- Sunday morning: THOMASS - mass start race, with everyone on the same
course and handicapping based on age/gender/experience
for full details.
2014 Orienteering Nationals, Whistler
2014 National Championships
August 2-4, Whistler BC
The Barebones team are helping organize the 2014 Canadian
Champs. This is guaranteed excellent fun. High quality maps; unsurpassed
physical awesomeness; fabulous pedestrian friendly Village; world class maps and
courses; Sass Peepre junior training camp. Really - this is a special event,
with something for everyone. Don't miss it. Full details at