Group Camping & Event Centre
The group campsite always is the heart of
Barebones. This year we'll be staying at Elk
Flats group campsite in Bow
Valley Provincial Park. .This
will be the location for the camping, potluck dinner, and the finish for
the Chase event. The organizers will generally be available here if you
sites are available, some with hookups but mostly tent sites. Cost
is $15/unit/night. Be sure to book your spot using the registration
form. Overflow camping is available at the public campsite close by
(slightly higher fees).
onsite. Flush toilets, showers, and laundry are nearby.
is provided. Liquor is allowed, but only within the group campsite.
Pets must be kept on a leash at all times.
is a camp store in the park, and the villages of Seebee, Exshaw, and
Canmore are all just a short drive for supplies.
Take Highway 1 west from Calgary for about 45 minutes. Take the Bow
Valley Provincial Park exit (Highway 1X). Turn left into Bow Valley
Provincial Park and follow the signs for about 4km to the Elk Flats
group campsite. See
a map (370kb)
(approx.) from: Calgary 90 km, Edmonton 340 km (bypass Calgary and
come through Cochrane).
- 10 RV hookups
- 20 tents
- Overflow will be in the public campsite close
- Outhouse onsite
- Flush toilets, pay showers, and laundry
- Camp store open daily
Park Rules and Regulations:
- CAMPFIRES are allowed only in fire pits
provided. Collection of deadwood is prohibited. (Firewood is
- GARBAGE must be deposited into bear-proof
- FOOD should be stored in a vehicle or a
hard-sided accommodation unit
- MOTOR VEHICLES must remain on roads at all
times and off grass areas
- OFF ROAD VEHICLES are not allowed in group
- PETS must be kept on a leash at all times
- LIQUOR is not allowed outside Group Camp Area
- FIREWORKS of any sort may not be used
- FIREARMS (including bows and slingshots) are
not allowed in the camp
Emergency: Call 911